In this Blockchain Brief, we cover Gala Games (GALA), an innovative play and earn blockchain based gaming network.
What is GALA?
- Gala Games is a decentralized, blockchain-based gaming platform that runs on user-operated nodes.
- Gala Games seeks to revolutionize the gaming industry, putting ownership into the hands of the players who participate in and support the ecosystem.
- Users can acquire GALA, the native cryptocurrency of the Gala Games Network, on exchanges or by operating nodes
Use cases of GALA
- Utility token. Players use GALA to purchase in-game items, reward node operators, and perform peer-to-peer payments.
- Play and earn. When users reach certain in-game achievements in a Gala-platform game, they can earn GALA tokens and other game-based digital assets.
- Founder Nodes. Purchasing a “Founder Node” with GALA allows a user to gain additional access to special items and participate in game development decisions.
Why GALA is getting attention
- Project GYRI. Gala Games is hoping to launch the very first gaming focused blockchain. This will move Gala from the Ethereum network to its own network built specifically for Web3 entertainment.
- Gala Films. The media arm of Gala will be a decentralized entertainment network. Node operators will receive unique NFT rewards for helping to build a truly independent film network.
- Gala is growing. With over 1.3 million monthly active users and numerous game titles yet to be released along with the development of Gala Films, Gala is on the forefront of Web3 entertainment.